Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Headlights

Headlights 22 Jan 2021 02:55 #21727

• brookie
  • New Forum Member
Hi all,new to the site and 928s but I have a Strange one here.the pop up headlights on my 1989 s4 go up and down but don’t come on at all high or low beam but then the other morning in the garage I tried them again and they worked perfectly but that is the one and only time they have worked since I bought the car.I understand that the headlight circuit is quite complex so any one else had this problem or any suggestions on what could be wrong thanks
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Headlights 22 Jan 2021 03:35 #21728

• nluk100
  • Administrator
Hi, all UK cars of that era have an aftermarket (fitted by the Porsche dealer) alarm / immobiliser. It could be that you hadn't turned the immobiliser off correctly when you tried the first time as I've found that this interrupts quite a few circuits including the fan (which had my hunting round for a few hours wondering why this wasn't working!)
'89 928 GT

Headlights 22 Jan 2021 14:00 #21731

• brookie
  • New Forum Member
Thanks for the suggestion I’ll look into that but I don’t think it is that as I’ve been driving the car and it is used regularly and the headlights have never worked apart from that one and only time .the lights in the bumper work fine just not the pop ups

Headlights 25 Jan 2021 04:44 #21742

• nluk100
  • Administrator
First place to look is the headlight relay - can you hear it clicking when you turn the dipped beams on?

'89 928 GT
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds