Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Hello I a new member with two cars 78 and 79

Hello I a new member with two cars 78 and 79 19 Sep 2020 07:57 #21475

• Jack Houpe
  • Junior Forum Member
I'm in NW Arkansas and we have 2 cars both 5 speed non sunroof cars, my wife and I love 928s and these are our 4th and 5th car since 1983. The 79 US I spent a good part of a year replacing everything that could be worn or rubber, it's a great running car and our last journey was 2k miles the only things that does not work is the period correct radio, cruise control and door locks which I just haven't tackled yet. The 78 ROW is new to us and I just started the timing belt and sorting out fuel issues as its be in a warehouse for the last 17 years, it indicates 58k miles which I feel is correct the original pasha interior is in great shape it drove very well after sorting out fuel issues then I started on the front of the motor, door sticker indicates last oil change was in 1997 at 55k miles. It has headers and koni shocks added over its life and an aftermarket radio which done carelessly. Both cars have been re-shot over time, the Guards Red car is beautiful paint job but the brown metallic will need some work done to it. Looking forward to sharing some experiences with both cars.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 19 Sep 2020 07:58 by Jack Houpe. Reason: spelling
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello I a new member with two cars 78 and 79 19 Sep 2020 18:02 #21476

• Rich928
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Jack. You own two beautiful Porsche 928s!
Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Houpe

Hello I a new member with two cars 78 and 79 22 Sep 2020 16:02 #21481

• joejabq
  • Premium Forum Member
Welcome, Jack!
Nice looking cars! I have a ‘79 as well and am closing in on refreshing the whole thing, but focusing on the interior now.
I understand the issue with getting a period correct radio!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Houpe
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds