Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: New Canadian Owner here!

New Canadian Owner here! 02 Apr 2021 13:08 #21840

• What Personal Text?
  • HCDawg
  • New Forum Member
Hello all, my name is Ross, just bought a 1980 928S Euro 3sp auto. The car has been under mechanical restoration since 2010, I have boxes of documentation, thousands of pictures on thumb drives, every nut bolt and washer has been restored. The engine and related parts are so clean I'm afraid to drive it cause I'll never get it this clean again...it's art! I'm left with the body which is currently wrapped (homemade) looks great from a distance, and the interior is extremely ratty. The car is fitted with a MegaSquirt 3 engine management system...the program that runs it requires a university degree cause its heavily complicated. Look forward to sharing the rebuild with everyone and enlisting your experience....Cheers

When I saw my first 928 30 some years ago I couldn't stop staring, I was in love
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Canadian Owner here! 05 Apr 2021 11:28 #21843

• Rich928
Hello HCDawg,

We're happy to hear of another Porsche 928 brought back to life, especially a rare Euro S. Fitting a MegaSquirt is quite an achievement, especially on a previously CIS-fuel injected engine that didn't "care" about electrons for the fuel injection. Did you fit it with an independent spark system (individual coil per cylinder) and with sequential fuel injection? It would be very interesting to learn about how many HP were gained with a modern engine control system.

I have a 1979 Euro 928 with a 1985 5-liter block (requires special cuts on the pistons for valve clearance). I mated it with a set of 1980 Euro S heads (larger valves, more radical cams) and the Euro throttle body and intake tubes (larger diameter). I kept the original Bosch K-Jetronic CIS fuel system. For the track, the Euro power band above 3,000 RPM is great.
Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast
Last Edit: 05 Apr 2021 11:29 by Rich928.

New Canadian Owner here! 05 Apr 2021 19:19 #21844

• What Personal Text?
  • HCDawg
  • New Forum Member
Thanks Rich, each cylinder has it's own coil (COP) the coils are 2002 GM 1500 truck, the injectors are Bosch 24lb, By removing the distributor it really cleans up the engine compartment too. The MegaSquirt program is extremely complex and way out of my comfort zone as changing the wrong value can cause destruction :( .
I would love to put the car on a dyno and see where the horsepower is. I'm currently getting the wrap off so I can have it painted (Minirva Blue Metallic)
I'll post as I go
When I saw my first 928 30 some years ago I couldn't stop staring, I was in love
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds